GARNIER COLOR STYER REVIEW- Blue Burst


  With the sudden arrival of spring  and summer fast approaching, you're probably beginning to get that urge to switch up your current hairdo to something lighter, brighter and fun! I've been contemplating doing a drastic blue or green ombre for sometime now, but two main factors have held me back. 1) I'm scared that the bleaching and dying process will damage my hair and 2) I've never kept the same hairdo for more than two weeks at a time. So if you're like me, fearful of breakage and have hair commitment issues, then deciding to permanently dye your hair a vibrant unconventional color might be a huge decision process. Luckily, more and more hair brands are introducing temporary hair colors that can look just as good as a permanent dye job. Even if coloring your hair is no "great debate", a temporary hair color is the perfect way to test out a new hair color to see if it's right for you before making it permanent.


 To give my blue ombre a test , I purchased Garnier Color Styler in Blue Burst. Having used the product several times, I wanted to share my thoughts on it.

Lets starts with what I did like...

1. The color payoff: I was positively surprised by how much the blue color showed up on my (jet black) hair. I truly didn't expect to see as much color, as I did!  I used hair chalk last summer and no matter how much I built up the color on my hair, the result was still very faint. I expect the same to happen with the Garnier Color Styler, but that was not the case at all.

2. Transfer free: I don't really know why, but I also expected to see blue just about everywhere, like I did with the hair chalk.  I was prepared to get smudges of blue on my pillows, chairs, clothes, but again, that wasn't the case. Once the product was dried, It didn't budge.

3. Easy Application: Straight from the bottle, unto the hair, style and go. No need for mixing with water or any other funny business.

Now, what I didn't like...

1. Knotting: My biggest problem with this product is how much my hair knotted after it dried. I couldn't use a brush or comb right away, I had to pry my hair apart stand by strand until it was manageable.

2. Chalky residue: When it's fully dried, the product resulted to an unattractive chalky residue.

3Dryness: I tried using this product two ways and neither helped with the extreme dryness issue. The first time around, I applied the Color Styler to my freshly washed , product-free hair. Once dried, I applied a moisturizer to aide with knots and tangles. This in turn took off some of the product and the color was less noticeable.  The second time around, I moisturized my hair the night before applying the product. The color was much vibrant this time but my hair was noticeably drier and knotted.

4. Fade: The color remained vibrant for about a day. The second the day is was significantly less visible, but still left a sticky texture to my hair.

5. Wash: Although the color started fading by the second day, the blue color remained in my hair up until about the fifth wash. So although I still saw blue dye dripping from my hair five washes later, I didn't actually see the color my hair past the second wash.

All in all, I give this product a 2 out of 5. The color payoff was way better than I expected and it did help me jazz up my look for a few hours. Would I ever buy this product again? probably not. But that won't stop me from trying some of the other temporary hair color brands on the market like the Jerome Russell temporary hair color.


(Find Out more about the Garnier Color Styer)



Back To Top