So Brooklyn!


   The years I spent living in Brooklyn are the ones that truly shaped me. So without a doubt I had to do a post in honor of my 2nd home; Brooklyn. There's something quite prideful about being a Brooklynite. Ask a Brooklynite where they're from and with oozing pride they'll respond "Brooklyn!". I enjoyed the culture Brooklyn offered me. It was rough and tough; in your face and straight to the point kind of culture. It's a tea that might burn too hot for the timid. But I loved it.



  

      When I saw this top hanging on the rack a H&M, all the memories of growing up in Canarsie, Brooklyn started flooded back. Walking to school with my friend Fatima daily, playing tennis after classes and going to the Chinese restaurant after classes to get wings with the BBQ sauce (PS: Chinese food in Montreal just isn't the same). Given all the nostalgia, I knew I couldn't pass the top up, plus it was only $5, that was the cherry on top. 
  The jeans I chose to pair the top with are the Joni Jeans from TopShop. I got these a few years ago, and they've just begun to fade and wear out. So I decided to do a DIY project with them to turn them int distressed jeans, and I absolutely love how they turned out.

  The glasses of course are the highlight of the outfit. I've only had them for a few days now and already I've gotten so man compliments on them.  Since the start of Spring, I have been looking for a clear frames with a gold trim all around the city. The other day on Snapchat, a good friend of mine from Brooklyn snapped herself in these glasses. I told her how dope they looked and that I've been on the hunt for a similar pair  for some time now. Next thing I know she asks me for my address and shipped me a pair. I couldn't be more thankful.






OUTFIT DETAILS

Top: H&M
Jeans: TopShop Joni jeans (DIY distress)
Heels: Justfab.ca (old)
Glasses: Gifted*
Choker: Aldo


Back To Top