Fuel The Lime Green


   When I previewed this look yesterday on Instagram (@dellisaduncan), I mentioned that it was inspired by Tory Lanez' Controlla lyrics "mi need more fuel fi di lime green". And yes, being a West Indian and patois speaker, I  know he wasn't talking about the color, and that "lime green is a play on lime light" in Tory's case. But, those exact lyrics sprung into my head when I saw this skirt dangling from a sales rack. And like almost every other item of clothing I come across, I knew I had to get it! And, I did. Then I knew I wanted to rock the shit out of this pencil skirt for you guys. Now, I am.



   Besides its color, I loved the bodacious fit of the skirt. Pencil skirts are known to hug your curves, and in that department, it delivered. 



   Lately I've been gravitating to dresses and skirts, wanting to look womanly and sexy. I get into these moods where I feel feminine and sexy in baggy clothes or a pantsuit and I'll wear those for a period of time before I decide I want to evoke that same femininity and sexiness in frills, skirts and dresses. I don't think I'm the only woman who goes through this.It's one of the amazing things about being a woman. We get to dress up everyday and decide how we want to evoke our womanhood or femininity that day. We all choose a different path, but it's about embracing it and committing to it that makes all the difference. If today you choose to wear a pantsuit, wear the shit out of that pantsuit, that's all I'm saying. 




   Ok, back to the outfit. I wanted to keep the outfit summertime cool and fresh, so I decided on a white bralette to keep the  lime green skirt highlighted instead of toned down. I also added these moss green shoes to compliment the outfit while providing a little bit of drama with some contrast  I find the easiest way to add drama to any outfit is to play with contrasting colors. The shades of course amplifies that drama  by picking up the green tones in both the skirt and shoes. Hope this outfit inspires you in some way to get your sexy on!  enjoy xo



OUTFIT DETAILS
Bralette- Better Be
Skirt- Sheinside.com
Heels- Cape Robin
Shades- Aldo


Back To Top