HOW TO WEAR SHORT SHORTS THIS SUMMER SIXTEEN!

 

    For a long time I thought short shorts were not for me. They were not for girls like me with tights and a booty. I always felt they were better suited for the skinny girls with small bums and somehow looked "inappropriate" on my body type, especially when you have little bit more jiggling while you walk.
I know a lot of people who have expressed feeling this way as well. Well, over the past few years that thought has flown out the window. I said crew it and learned how to rock short shorts that fit my body type and still make them look conservatively classy. It's really about following some basic rules because booty shorts can become trashy "real quick".



Rule #1: FIND SHORTS THAT FIT

   Learn your body type and dress appropriately. This is especially true when choosing shorts. You want to make sure you have a perfect fit. There's nothing like having shorting that are too tight which creates lumps and folds in areas where you don't want lumps and folds. Or, shorts that are too loose, which ends up looking like a diaper. Choosing the right fit is essential. Tip* bigger pockets on your shorts can give you the illusion of a bigger more lifted bum. High-waist shorts can help elongate your stomach, making you appear taller, and also give you the illusion of a cinched waistline.  


RULE #2: LOTS OF LEGWORK = NO CLEAVAGE

  Now this rule depends on the kind of look you're going for but since we are set on making short shorts look classy then keep this rule in mind. If you're going to show legs then don't show cleavage, and vice versa. I got this tip from an episode of the Tyra Show and I've lived by it ever since. It's a basic tip and rule of thumb for any outfit. You never want to show too much, just enough will do the trick.A clean button down with shorts and pumps is always a classy go-to for me for summer dates. Or loafers and tee for a more casual event.


RULE #3: HIGHLIGHT YOUR ASSETS

Don't just be a basic b*tch who show legs, be THAT b*tch who show legs. I always make sure my legs are on point whenever I'm wearing shorts. That means they are smooth and shimmering. Invest in a good body shimmering lotion or body oil. I use the shimmering body lotion from Yves Rocher. Also, choose heels or shoes that would elongate your legs or make them stand out even more.


OUTFIT DETAILS

Hat: H&M
Top: Twik
Shorts: H&M
Heels: Guess
Shades: Aldo Accessories 
Back To Top